Making your own red hood helmet can be a challenging activity for you to do. The reason is that you will need to have quite a good crafting skill to make a high-quality red hood helmet for yourself.
Of course, there are ready-made red hood helmets created by skillful crafters out there, which you can buy for an expensive price. However, by creating your own red hood helmet, you can give it your own personal touch, which makes your red hood helmet unique. This guide will help you in providing simple information about how to make your own red hood helmet.
What is a Red Hood Helmet?
A red hood helmet is the helmet made in the likeness of the Red Hood character, which is the villain or anti-hero from the DC Comics. There are various red hood helmet models you can find on the market today, such as the ones offered by individual crafters in various online stores. However, you can always create your own red hood helmet if you have the time, skill, and resources to work on your craft.
Creating a red hood helmet will take some knowledge about crafting, and you will need to take your time in creating the helmet. Also, there are various materials you will need to prepare before creating the red hood helmet, and you need to get them ready before you start. You can even sell your red hood helmet if you have the skill to make a high-quality premium-looking red hood helmet that the fans of the character will like.
Is It Easy for You to Make Your Own Red Hood Helmet?
There is no easy way for you to make your own red hood helmet, even more so if you haven’t done it before. You will need to learn about how to create a high-quality red hood helmet with the materials you have prepared before.
Making a red hood helmet will take some dedication, time, and skill to get it done. So, it’s not quite easy to do. Here are some important points you need to keep in mind before making your own red hood helmet:
- Character design. The red hood helmet you make needs to fit with the character design of Red Hood from DC Comics. Some deviations in the design might look bad for the helmet, and with a poor design, you might not call it a red hood helmet any longer.
- Material choice. The material you pick for the helmet will affect the result you will get. So, it’s important for you to pick the best materials for your red hood helmet, which allows you to craft the best-quality helmet possible.
- Sizing. Make sure that the helmet sizing is accurate, because you will need to fit it in your head. It won’t be convenient to wear the helmet if it is too small or too big for your head.
- Crafting. Your crafting skill will be at play here. The red hood helmet is something that can be difficult to create, so you need to have sufficient crafting skill to get your red hood helmet done in time.
Preparations You Need to Take before Making a Red Hood Helmet
Creating a red hood helmet is perhaps something that can take plenty of time to complete, and you have to ensure to do it in the best way possible, as you will need to redo it from the start if you make any mistake.
There are various things you need to prepare before making a red hood helmet. Here are the things you will need:
- Red hood helmet template. You will need the design template for the red hood helmet, which you can find online. The design template will allow you to create the best red hood helmet design you can print out. Then, you will need to put the template on the cardboard before you cut it out.
- Cardboard. The cardboard can be your primary material to make this red hood helmet. Of course, you can change the material later if you have the proficiency to make a high-quality red hood helmet. With the cardboard, it will be easier for you to make your own red hood helmet and to replace it when you make some mistakes.
- Paint. You will need to paint the cardboard after putting the design template on it, with the red paint as the primary color. You need to paint all over the cardboard’s outer layer to create the best appearance of the red hood character with it.
- Glue. You will need to use the glue to stick various parts of the red hood helmet together. Be sure to use a strong glue to make the helmet stick together and become as durable as possible. You can’t rely on low-quality glue for this helmet.
- Cutter/scissor. Cutter/scissor is important to cut the design parts on the cardboard, so you can get the design that resembles the red hood character in the best way. You need to ensure that the cutter/scissor is sharp enough to cut through the cardboard during the crafting process.
Making Your Own Red Hood Helmet – Step by Step
You can make your own red hood helmet using the materials you have prepared before. Remember to gather the materials before you start the crafting process.
Making the red hood helmet will take some time, so please take your time to follow the steps and be sure to do each step in the best way possible. Here’s the step-by-step process of making your own red hood helmet:
- Measure your head size. The first thing you need to do is to measure your head size to ensure the red hood helmet will fit your head when you wear it. You can do this by using a tape measure around your forehead area and wrap the tape around your head in a horizontal position.
- Print the design template based on your head size. Next, you will need to print the design template for the red hood helmet based on your head size. You can print the design template on the regular paper. This will become your basic design for you to craft the red hood helmet later.
- Cut out the design template and put them on top of the cardboard. After printing the design template, it’s time for you to cut out the design template of the red hood helmet based on their outlines. There will be some instructions you can find on the design template regarding how to cut the helmet design the right way.
- Cut out the cardboard based on the template. You will need to put the helmet design you have cut before onto the cardboard. Next, you will need to cut the cardboard based on the design template you have placed on top of it. You need to do this for all the pieces of design templates you have cut before.
- Glue the cardboard template together based on the template instruction. Now, you need to follow the template instruction to glue the cardboard template together. There will be various parts of the red hood helmets you need to stick together to form a red hood helmet. Do this one by one until you have completed them all.
- Paint the cardboard with the Red Hood theme. After putting all the parts together, it’s time for you to paint the cardboard helmet with the Red Hood theme. Of course, you will need to follow the painting outline to make the helmet look similar to the one used by the Red Hood character.
- Let everything dry out. You just need to dry the paint after that. So, it’s time for you to leave the red hood helmet you have created to dry out. You need to wait for a while until the paint and the glue dried out, so that you can use the helmet later.
- Try the helmet. Now, it’s time for you to try out the red hood helmet you have made from cardboard.
Please note that the cardboard material is interchangeable with the more high-quality materials you can get your hands on.
Tips on Maintaining Your Red Hood Helmet
It’s important for you to maintain your red hood helmet and keep it in the best condition at all times. You will need to avoid damaging it if you want to keep on using it for the long term. Here are some tips on maintaining your red hood helmet:
- Don’t expose it to water, as your cardboard material will get damaged the moment you expose it to water.
- Put it in a clean and dry place for safekeeping.
- Do some repainting when necessary.
- For the best durability, you can use a different material other than the cardboard material, provided that you have the sufficient skill to create a high-quality red hood helmet.
Follow the tips in this guide to make your own red hood helmet. Don’t expect to create a perfect level of quality on your first try. It’s best for you to try again and improve on your work if you think you are making some mistakes.
Also, you can try different templates and different materials to see the variations you can make for your red hood helmet.